Business Development Manager (Central & Eastern Europe)
Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Requisition Number: 802
Betgenius provides multi-award winning technology to the sports betting industry. We’re the trusted partner to over 150 bookmakers in regulated markets across the world including SkyBet, Bet365, William Hill and Paddy Power.
Genius Sports Group is the parent company of our business and headed up by Mark Locke. A truly global operation employing over 1,500 staff and spanning several continents, we serve a wide variety of sectors. From immersive statistical content to live betting and sports marketing services, our technology powers ground-breaking fan experiences that deliver value to all stakeholders across sports, media and gaming.
Please note that this is London based role for someone with intricate knowledge of Central & Eastern European countries & cultures
The successful candidate will have a proven track record of consistently achieving challenging sales targets and be able to demonstrate an ability to discover and understand client requirements, matching products and services to those requirements. The successful candidate will be a driven individual who can demonstrate a desire to over achieve. They must have the ability to open doors with new prospects and upsell to existing ones, whilst understanding the diverse range of products which can add value to these opportunities in different ways. They need to be an independent self-starter who can find and deliver business from betting organisations within their region without the need to be tightly managed. They will be required to immerse themselves within the sports betting industry and to understand all technological and regulatory developments. They need to have the ability to understand our software / trading products at a high level although there is no requirement to have a technical background.
The candidate needs to demonstrate an ability to think creatively with regard to commercial arrangements and have excellent numerical, written and presentation skills. Further to this, the candidate will be able to follow internal sales processes as required such as updating CRM systems and other documentation in a timely manner.
- Immerse themselves into the existing accounts from day one, nurturing relationships and identifying key areas for revenue growth.
- Schedule meetings with existing operators and new entrants to the market in territories within their region, C-Level or equivalent (i.e. Head of Trading).
- Compile full and updated market research reports on Russian and Eastern European areas of interest; number and names of operators, etc.
- Spend time understanding market requirements and interests across sports, and specific products, to feedback to the wider Genius Sports group.
- Provide regular progress reports on conversations, new entrants to market and updates on key players in the market, utilising the internal CRM sales tooling available to them and other documentation as communicated.
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills as well as a high level of attention to detail
- Previous experience in a B2B sales role
- Proven ability to problem solve, and drive issues through to a timely resolution
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Ability to communicate at all levels – in particular to present at board level
- A willingness to travel internationally (sometimes at short notice)
- Passion & interest in sports
Genius Sports is a global leader in digital sports content, technology and integrity services. Our technology is used in over 150 countries worldwide, empowering sports to capture, manage and distribute their live data and video, driving their digital transformation and enhancing their relationships with fans.
Headquartered in London, we are the trusted partner to over 500 sports organisations globally, including many of the world’s largest leagues and federations such as the NBA, Premier League, FIBA, NCAA and PGA TOUR.
Genius Sports is more than a technology provider. We build long-term partnerships with sports at all levels, helping them to control and maximise the value of their content while providing technical expertise and round-the-clock support.
London, Greater London GB