Data Privacy Manager
Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Requisition Number: 790
Genius Sports Group is a leading global technology provider to the sports betting sector with 16 offices in 13 jurisdictions and 1,400 employees. We are seeking an experienced, highly skilled and motivated professional to manage privacy compliance across the Group
This position is responsible for developing and maintaining data privacy programs and will involve collaborating with multiple business stakeholders to address local requirements whilst promoting a privacy awareness culture. The role requires collaboration with the Information Security team and providing support, as required, to initiatives involving the use of personal data.
- Leading privacy projects across the Group.
- Advising the company on EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the UK Data Protection Act 2018, PECR, ePrivacy and local data protection practices and policies throughout the Group
- Working with our product teams to embed privacy considerations into our products
- Building a common privacy framework across the Group and providing consistent and pragmatic data privacy advice and governance to the business.
- Providing proactive data privacy advice and recommendations as well as issuing up to date guidance to the business to anticipate changing client needs and propose solutions to potential roadblocks considering data privacy laws, best practices and risk.
- Working with key stakeholders in the review of new projects to champion privacy by design, introducing assurance controls and ensuring compliance with applicable data privacy laws.
- Providing ad hoc privacy advice and support to the business as a subject matter expert, e.g. supporting our Legal Team with contract review/negotiation of data privacy related contract terms and guiding our People team in handling data subject access requests and other HR-related data issues.
- Overseeing, delivering and maintaining compliance with data protection laws and policies; driving and embedding change across all areas of the business.
- Maintaining a privacy and data protection knowledge base, delivering presentations and facilitating both face to face learning and e-learning projects for managers and employees on data protection laws
- Working with Internal Audit to manage and to conduct ongoing reviews of the Group’s governance framework to ensure compliance with laws applicable in Europe and the UK and put processes in place where necessary.
- Conducting and monitoring data protection impact assessments (DPIAs)
- Creating and running effective and engaging privacy trainings
- Working with new and existing third parties to promote privacy compliance
- Working hand in hand with our security and technology teams to establish industry-leading data processes and controls
Your knowledge, skills and experience include:
- Must be team-oriented and have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a solution-oriented approach to privacy issues
- Self-motivated with outstanding verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills and ability to communicate complex concepts and issues effectively with all levels (including IT, project, HR and, product and software development teams)
- Ability to perform under pressure in a dynamic environment to strict deadlines
- Subject expertise, commercial judgment and mature risk appetite
- Ability to build effective working relationships, working inclusively with stakeholders to understand their business requirements
- Strong leadership, communication and influencing skills; stakeholder management
- Familiarity with ISO 27001, security frameworks and how those fit into the data protection scheme
- Expert knowledge of the legislative framework for data protection/privacy in the UK and Europe, including GDPR
- Demonstrable experience in implementing business policies to support best practice in data privacy
- Progressive and diverse experience in data privacy operations or management, preferably in a global company
- GDPR P, CIPP/E, CIPM, CDPO qualified
- Proven ability to balance and prioritise delivery on a multitude of projects at once
Genius Sports is a global leader in digital sports content, technology and integrity services. Our technology is used in over 150 countries worldwide, empowering sports to capture, manage and distribute their live data and video, driving their digital transformation and enhancing their relationships with fans.
Headquartered in London, we are the trusted partner to over 500 sports organisations globally, including many of the world’s largest leagues and federations such as the NBA, Premier League, FIBA, NCAA and PGA TOUR.
Genius Sports is more than a technology provider. We build long-term partnerships with sports at all levels, helping them to control and maximise the value of their content while providing technical expertise and round-the-clock support.
London, Greater London GB