People Operations Manager (Fixed-Term)
Location: Tallinn, Harjumaa, Estonia
Requisition Number: 785
The People Operations Manager is a true generalist position with primary responsibilities for managing the day-to-day HR operations and service delivery for Genius Sports Estonia in addition to contributing to global HR projects as part of the global People Team.
This is a high-touch HR environment, where the People team is truly integrated with, and relied upon, by the leadership team. As such, the People Operations Manager needs to partner closely with the department heads to ensure that the team continues to deliver commercially-sound, pragmatic and timely HR advice.
This is a fixed-term contract role for the maternity leave cover.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Contribute to the development and implementation of annual HR strategic plans. Bring new initiatives and thinking that improves the overall HR offering that we can provide to the business.
- Ensure that all policies and processes are in-keeping with good practice, legally sound and are also appropriately tailored for how the business operates. Embed these policies and processes and ensure that they are continually improved.
- Oversee the local People team.
- Partner with the Talent team to focus on local talent management, retention and employee engagement
- Participate in the compensation review processes. Work with department heads and the finance team to make recommendations as to potential promotions and salaries across the agency.
- Manage all employee relations matters which evolve from time to time. Coach and advise line management and employees on how to handle different circumstances which may occur.
- Work with department heads to evaluate team structures and staffing. Thereafter, partner with the talent team on all resource requirements.
- Contribute to health & well-being and diversity initiatives, as well as cultural activities with the Facilities team.
- Stay aware of legal updates, HR practice improvements and market conditions - use these to inform your approach to the role.
PERSONAL & PROFESSIONAL SKILLS:
- Someone who can demonstrate their expertise and become a trusted advisor to the key stakeholders feel confident in their ability and skill set from day one
- An independent character who has the confidence to autonomously deliver the day-to-day role but who is unafraid to ask for guidance when the circumstances require
- Is pragmatic, adaptable and has a coaching mentality and style when engaging employees at all levels
- Someone who always sees the angles in any given situation and understands how to mitigate potential problems in advance.
- A confident, articulate and engaging communicator
- A proven ability to handle complicated ER matters from start to finish
- Possesses a sensitivity to different cultures, languages, communication styles and business practices
- Preference to have experience with Workday HCM platform
WORK AND CAREER ENVIRONMENT:
At Genius Sports, you will be working in a supportive, multinational and passionate team. We encourage you to learn and strive towards your professional growth. We also provide sports/health benefits for all employees.
You will be working out of our spacious modern office in a central Tallinn location – with good access by car and by public transport, convenient for both city-dwellers and those who prefer the open countryside, and with a great variety of lunch spots within walking distance! You will also have lots of events and activities during which to get to know your colleagues, from regular out-of-office events to and sports-tracking competitions.
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter before 10th of March. For further information or details, feel free to contact our Talent Acquisition Specialist, Maris (email@example.com)
Genius Sports is a global leader in digital sports content, technology and integrity services. Our technology is used in over 150 countries worldwide, empowering sports to capture, manage and distribute their live data and video, driving their digital transformation and enhancing their relationships with fans.
Headquartered in London, we are the trusted partner to over 500 sports organisations globally, including many of the world’s largest leagues and federations such as the NBA, Premier League, FIBA, NCAA and PGA TOUR.
Genius Sports is more than a technology provider. We build long-term partnerships with sports at all levels, helping them to control and maximise the value of their content while providing technical expertise and round-the-clock support.
Tallinn, Harjumaa EE