Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Requisition Number: 780
Genius Sports Group has an immediate opening for an Employment Counsel to support our People and Legal teams. You will provide commercially-minded employment law advice across our People Operations function and global network of offices, assisting our Group People Director/Group Employment Counsel and other colleagues in relation to employment-related risk and compliance matters.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be an employment lawyer qualified in England & Wales with 2 - 5 years’ PQE (or equivalent);
- Have experience of working in-house, ideally within a multinational organization;
- Have experience of advising on data privacy matters (whether in an HR context or otherwise);
- Be willing to undertake occasional international travel to our overseas offices.
What will the role involve?
- Contractual arrangements (e.g. drafting/updating employment contracts);
- Legal/regulatory compliance matters affecting our workforce across our various offices;
- Employment status (including review of consultancy/independent contractor arrangements);
- HR policy framework and procedures (working with colleagues in global and local roles to draft and implement consistent global standards with appropriate local variations);
- Employee relations issues (advising on disciplinary/grievance matters, leavers, business restructuring);
- Contentious matters (e.g. enforcement of restrictive covenants, handling litigation/claims);
- HR-related data privacy matters (including GDPR compliance and handling DSARs); and
- Obtaining/co-ordinating external advice where necessary (local counsel, immigration, pensions etc).
In undertaking the role, you will be expected to:
- Quickly develop excellent working relationships with colleagues/stakeholders – a true team player;
- Deliver well-reasoned, commercially-focused and clear legal advice under time pressure;
- Build trust - develop/demonstrate sound judgment and mature risk appetite as well as legal expertise;
- Communicate clearly and effectively with colleagues across the business (in writing and verbally);
- Be willing to challenge the business in an appropriate manner, while at the same time being solution- (rather than problem-) orientated; and
- Take the initiative and be proactive in identifying issues and solutions, respond to business issues in a timely and flexible manner, and effectively handle and prioritise multiple matters/stakeholders.
Genius Sports is a global leader in digital sports content, technology and integrity services. Our technology is used in over 150 countries worldwide, empowering sports to capture, manage and distribute their live data and video, driving their digital transformation and enhancing their relationships with fans.
Headquartered in London, we are the trusted partner to over 500 sports organisations globally, including many of the world’s largest leagues and federations such as the NBA, Premier League, FIBA, NCAA and PGA TOUR.
Genius Sports is more than a technology provider. We build long-term partnerships with sports at all levels, helping them to control and maximise the value of their content while providing technical expertise and round-the-clock support.
London, Greater London GB