Interim Product Director
Location: New York City, New York, United States
Requisition Number: 760
Our Media team in NYC is currently looking for a temporary product leader. This position requires a strong focus on product strategy, requirements scoping/estimation with the development team, and, ultimately the delivery of successful and impactful products. The perfect person for this role has deep knowledge of Advertising Technology on both the Advertiser and Publisher side.
Who We Are
The Media team is building next-generation advertiser and publisher products to best engage sports fans and connect them with highly relevant products and services.
Our teams build
- Multi-channel, sports-driven programmatic advertising tools, that specialize in finding the right opportunity at the right price to engage with sports fans
- Engaging widgets across sports, betting and editorial content that help our publisher partners engage and monetize their audience
What We Need
We are looking for a product director who is motivated and passionate about all things Ad-Tech. This person would help our product owners conceive, experiment and scale new ideas into world-class products which are transforming our Ad-Tech business. This is a sport term contract opportunity to help us build products while the director of product is on maternity leave.
- Know the advertising and publishing technology industry like the back of your hand
- Own the success of the media product(s) being built, ensuring they meet all stakeholder requirements and have high adoption rates
- Provide direction and support to product owners ensuring product delivery runs smooth
Help product owners:
- Translate product strategy into epics and detailed stories for the engineering team to develop
- Manage and prioritize sprint backlogs and lead agile sprint ceremonies
- Communicate progress updates, risk assessments and other information regularly to stakeholders
- 8+ years product management experience in the Ad-Tech space
- Publisher and Advertiser experience
- Understanding of ad and content serving technologies
- Experience in Agile software development/scrum
- Independent and self-organizing, able to thrive when given autonomy
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to clearly articulate, defend and document product decisions and work with a distributed team
- A fun, relaxed and stimulating working environment in Medellin
- A company backed by large-scale investment and undergoing exponential growth
- Competitive salary – negotiable, based on experience
- Excellent career development opportunities
Genius Sports is a global leader in digital sports content, technology and integrity services. Our technology is used in over 150 countries worldwide, empowering sports to capture, manage and distribute their live data and video, driving their digital transformation and enhancing their relationships with fans.
Headquartered in London, we are the trusted partner to over 500 sports organisations globally, including many of the world’s largest leagues and federations such as the NBA, Premier League, FIBA, NCAA and PGA TOUR.
Genius Sports is more than a technology provider. We build long-term partnerships with sports at all levels, helping them to control and maximise the value of their content while providing technical expertise and round-the-clock support.
New York, New York US
Genius Sports is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.