Junior Cyber Security Engineer
Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Requisition Number: 745
Junior Cyber Security Engineer
Genius Sports have a new opportunity for a Junior Cyber Security Engineer to work alongside the Information Security Manager to implement and support operational cyber security throughout our dynamic global organisation.
The Junior Cyber Security Engineer will develop and mature their skillset to conduct analysis of security related events as well as learning how to support and use the monitoring platforms in use.
The Junior Cyber Security Engineer will also assist in cyber activity including Risk Management, reporting on compliance and the development of controls and policies.
The role will involve close working with numerous departments and businesses, and as such the ability to communicate in a confident manner with various stakeholders is essential.
What we offer:
- Exciting work in a unique industry: great opportunity for self-development in the sports industry
- IT Training Scheme & constant training opportunities
- Opportunity to work on different projects
- A fun, relaxed and stimulating modern working environment
- Supportive, friendly, multinational, passionate team
- Career opportunity in an international company
- Social benefits & health/medical insurance
- Good work - life balance
- Regular team building and social company events
- To develop an effective skillset around cyber security using a combination of hands-on experience as well as self-study and computer based training
- To assist with the implementation of security industry standards and best practices, such as NCSC Cyber essentials or ISO27001
- To follow an agreed development plan including taking industry-recognized certifications to demonstrate success and progress
- To work alongside the Information Security manager, responding to end user security incidents as referred by the Service Desk and other sources of information which may provide indicators of compromise
- To assist in the management of vulnerability management activities across the group.
- Execution of standard operating procedures in response to any security relevant logs, alerts and events
- Liaison with third party security providers to manage the delivery and reporting of penetration tests
- Working as part of a wider Incident Response team to help determine Root Cause Analysis for events of interest that are escalated to formal security incidents
- Monitoring and analysis of security relevant logs, alerts and events handling incidents submitted via tickets or phone
- To undertake regular threat intelligence reviews, to assess and prioritise new and emerging threats which may impact the group.
Essential Knowledge & Experience:
- A demonstrable interest in Cyber Security and Information Systems.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- A willingness to undertake study in own time and to invest time in personal development
- Good communication and organisational skills
Desirable Knowledge & Experience:
- Any academic qualifications in a technology discipline
- Previous work experience in an office based environment
- A foundation qualification in a cyber-related field, for example, CompTIA Security+ 501
- An understanding of cloud computing platforms and operations, for example AWS / Azure
- Demonstrates a passion about Information Systems security
- Dynamic and enthusiastic personality
- Ability to take a logical approach to fault finding and problem resolution
- An individual who has a “Can Do” attitude and is results driven
- Flexible and demonstrates a willingness to “go the extra mile” when required.
Genius Sports is a global leader in digital sports content, technology and integrity services. Our technology is used in over 150 countries worldwide, empowering sports to capture, manage and distribute their live data and video, driving their digital transformation and enhancing their relationships with fans.
Headquartered in London, we are the trusted partner to over 500 sports organisations globally, including many of the world’s largest leagues and federations such as the NBA, Premier League, FIBA, NCAA and PGA TOUR.
Genius Sports is more than a technology provider. We build long-term partnerships with sports at all levels, helping them to control and maximise the value of their content while providing technical expertise and round-the-clock support.
London, Greater London GB