DevOps Engineer For Sports Data Product
Location: Vilnius, Vilnius, Lithuania
Requisition Number: 696
As a DevOps Engineer, you will work with team which develops next generation of applications to collect official real-time data for Basketball, Volleyball, American Football and a variety of other exciting sports. The data is crucial to a large and demanding customer base comprising Sporting Associations (such as FIBA, NCAA), Media and Sports Betting companies. You will be joining a company that uses Agile methodologies (Scrum and Kanban) in both the development and IT Operations teams. You will collaborate closely with both groups to meet release deadlines. You will play a key role in ensuring frequent releases as we continue to reduce our cycle time, de-risk future releases and provide quick ROI.
- Passion for automation, simplicity, consistency, security, availability, and scalability of systems
- Sense of ownership, drive and an obsessive attention to detail
- Work integrated with the development and product teams to ensure high performance and reliability across all tiers of the stack
- Helping improve our infrastructure platform, by automate the manual maintenance tasks and increase efficiencies with the AWS Cloud
- Guide project teams through the technology selection and architecture/security governance processes
- Design, enable and optimize CI/CD pipelines for dev teams
- Experience with Linux & command line skills (cross-platform skills a bonus)
- Comfortable with AWS cloud services
- At least one infrastructure language (Cloudformation, Terraform)
- Understanding of networking protocols like HTTPS, DNS, TCP/IP
- Code and scripting - proficient in at least one programming language (C#, Node, Python, Go, Ruby)
- Docker and containerization (Linux)
- CI and Build automation - GitLab ideally
- Experience with application performance monitoring tools, centralized logging and alerting systems
- Willing to keep learning new tools and languages
- .NET applications deployment experience
- Experience with Kubernetes, EKS, ECS
- Experience with a serverless stack (preferably AWS Lambda)
- Good understanding of SQL and NoSQL databases (data modeling, data warehousing)
- Experience working with cloud-based data solutions (e.g., AWS, EC2, EMR, RDS, and Redshift)
- A fun, relaxed and stimulating working environment in central Vilnius
- Competitive salary – negotiable, based on experience
- Excellent career development opportunities
- Busy social calendar
For this position we offer gross salary of 2500-4500 EUR/month depending on the level of experience, with numerous benefits that add value to the overall monthly compensation.
Genius Sports is a global leader in digital sports content, technology and integrity services. Our technology is used in over 150 countries worldwide, empowering sports to capture, manage and distribute their live data and video, driving their digital transformation and enhancing their relationships with fans.
Headquartered in London, we are the trusted partner to over 500 sports organisations globally, including many of the world’s largest leagues and federations such as the NBA, Premier League, FIBA, NCAA and PGA TOUR.
Genius Sports is more than a technology provider. We build long-term partnerships with sports at all levels, helping them to control and maximise the value of their content while providing technical expertise and round-the-clock support.
Vilnius, Vilnius County LT