Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Requisition Number: 672
Why join us?
Life at Genius Sports is never dull. Yes, we do sports technology & data really well, however, it is our innovative technology that brings it all together. As a company at the forefront of sporting technology, we offer a stimulating, collaborative and diverse working environment!
As a QA Engineer you will work closely with product development teams and stakeholders to improve the testing skills of the team, evaluate and enhance quality processes, and ensure product quality is continually improving.
A QA Engineer role in Genius Sports is highly autonomous – you will be the one driving quality initiatives for your team. The position would suit someone who thrives in a fast moving, team-oriented environment and is passionate about working with Developers to deliver high quality software for smart and demanding customers.
The successful candidate will be enthusiastic and highly motivated, possess a strong command of spoken and written English and be eligible to work in the UK.
This vacancy is a perfect match for a person who enjoys finding innovative solutions to technical challenges with opportunities to contribute broadly in a dynamic and collaborative team-based environment.
What we offer:
- Exciting work in a unique industry, in an international company
- Generous personal IT Training Budget
- A fun, relaxed and stimulating modern working environment
- Supportive, friendly, multinational, passionate team
- Good work - life balance
- Regular team building and social company events
Areas of responsibility:
- Quality Assistance – mentoring teams on how to deliver high quality software products
- Helping teams meet commitments while ensuring a focus on quality
- Involvement in production releases, identifying and mitigating the associated risks
- Working with Product Owners to ensure stories have the required level of detail and user acceptance criteria
- Developing test scripts, test plans and test cases for stories based on user acceptance criteria and reporting the results of test runs
- Exploratory testing of new features - identifying, documenting, and raising issues
- Participating in issue resolution.
Required experience & attributes:
- Commercial QA experience
- Hands-on automation experience, preferably in .NET/C#
- Strong communication and organization skills
- Must be a self-starter, quick learner, attentive to details, able to multi-task, and have excellent initiative
- Knowledge of quality assurance methodologies possibly supported by ISTQB/ISEB qualifications, although not required
- Proficient in writing, executing and validating test scripts, ideally using specification by example (e.g. SpecFlow or Cucumber)
- Working knowledge of Agile/Scrum
- Load/Performance testing experience would be a big plus
Genius Sports is a global leader in digital sports content, technology and integrity services. Our technology is used in over 150 countries worldwide, empowering sports to capture, manage and distribute their live data and video, driving their digital transformation and enhancing their relationships with fans.
Headquartered in London, we are the trusted partner to over 500 sports organisations globally, including many of the world’s largest leagues and federations such as the NBA, Premier League, FIBA, NCAA and PGA TOUR.
Genius Sports is more than a technology provider. We build long-term partnerships with sports at all levels, helping them to control and maximise the value of their content while providing technical expertise and round-the-clock support.
London, Greater London GB