Test Automation Engineer
Location: Medellín, Antioquia, Colombia
Requisition Number: 668
The Genius Sports Media team is building next-generation advertising products to best engage sports fans and connect them with highly relevant products and services. Our teams build multi-channel, sports-driven programmatic advertising tools, that specialize in finding the right opportunity at the right price to engage with sports fans.
We are looking for experienced, adaptable engineers to help us grow our test automation efforts across all Genius Sports Media products. We work in small cross-functional agile teams, primarily with Java but retain our choice in technology to fit the problem at hand.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop new tests and tools for our Genius Sports Media frontend, backend APIs and streaming services.
- Work with our cross-functional, agile teams to understand how to test new features
- Evangelize best practices within the engineering teams, such as BDD, testability and maintainability.
- Ensure automated tests execute reliably and efficiently in our CI/CD environments
- Ensure software quality is made visible in the organization, making sure defined quality KPIs are being met
- Responsibility for functional, regression and performance testing
- Participating in root cause analysis
Required Attributes, Skills and Experience
- Excellent Java development skills
- Experience using testing automation tools such as Selenium
- Experience of automated testing in a containerized environment
- Knowledge of best practice in test such as test pyramids, code coverage, BDD and smoke testing.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Desirable Attributes, Skills and Experience
- Understanding of clickstream, attribution and user tracking workflows
- Experience working with PaaS products
- Strong understanding of the CI/CD process
- Understanding of highly available systems, multi-region deployments and clustering
- Knowledge of the Quality Assistance model
- Familiarity with infrastructure management tools
Some benefits we offer you:
- IT Training Budget
- Breakfast (milk, fruits, cereal and more)
- Comfortable resting and gaming areas
- Prepaid medicine (100% coverage)
- Professional Growth within an international company
- Constant social events
Genius Sports is a global leader in digital sports content, technology and integrity services. Our technology is used in over 150 countries worldwide, empowering sports to capture, manage and distribute their live data and video, driving their digital transformation and enhancing their relationships with fans.
Headquartered in London, we are the trusted partner to over 500 sports organisations globally, including many of the world’s largest leagues and federations such as the NBA, Premier League, FIBA, NCAA and PGA TOUR.
Genius Sports is more than a technology provider. We build long-term partnerships with sports at all levels, helping them to control and maximise the value of their content while providing technical expertise and round-the-clock support.
Medellin, Antioquia CO