Senior Software Engineer (.NET)
Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Requisition Number: 647
As a part of our Agile Development team you will work with the latest technologies to develop microservices, forming a large and complex system providing real-time sport related data to an expansive and demanding customer base - comprising Sporting Associations, Sports Betting and Media companies.
As a Senior Software Engineer your primary focus will be the development of back-end components using C# (.NET Core/.NET Standard), working as part of a team with full-stack responsibilities. You will be involved in the full software life-cycle and have exposure to a broad set of technologies, including Web and Cloud.
This vacancy is a perfect match for a person who enjoys finding innovative solutions to technical challenges with opportunities to contribute broadly in a dynamic and collaborative team-based environment.
What we offer:
- Exciting work in a unique industry, in an international company
- Personal IT Training Budget
- A fun, relaxed and stimulating modern working environment
- Supportive, collaborative, multinational, passionate team
- Good work - life balance
- Regular team building and social company events
Areas of responsibility:
- Analysis of requirements from internal and external customers
- Design and development of new software products and components
- Producing high quality, tested and maintainable code, using the best technologies for the problem at hand
- Investigation and resolution of issues reported by internal and external customers
- Mentoring of other Developers
Required experience & attributes:
- Excellent knowledge of C#
- Full software life-cycle experience working on complex products within Agile environments
- TDD/BDD and supporting technologies (NUnit, Mocking Frameworks, SpecFlow, Selenium)
- Design and Development of Complex Distributed Real-Time Systems
- Service Oriented Architecture
- Concurrent Processing and Multi-Threading
- High Availability
- Domain Driven Design
- Event Sourcing
- Inversion of Control and Dependency Injection
- Database and Caching Technologies (SQL Server, MySQL, Redis, NoSQL)
- Logging and Monitoring (log4net, Graylog, Graphite/Grafana, OpsGenie, TickStack)
- Excellent spoken and written English
Desirable experience & attributes (we require knowledge of 3 or more of these)
- Messaging and communication technologies (RabbitMQ, HTTP, TCP, REST, Web API, SignalR)
- AWS (EC2, S3, Lambda, Aurora, CloudFormation, Cognito) or another Cloud technology
- Continuous Integration & Continuous Delivery
- GitLab CI
- Powershell, Jira
- Mathematical Aptitude
Genius Sports is a global leader in digital sports content, technology and integrity services. Our technology is used in over 150 countries worldwide, empowering sports to capture, manage and distribute their live data and video, driving their digital transformation and enhancing their relationships with fans.
Headquartered in London, we are the trusted partner to over 500 sports organisations globally, including many of the world’s largest leagues and federations such as the NBA, Premier League, FIBA, NCAA and PGA TOUR.
Genius Sports is more than a technology provider. We build long-term partnerships with sports at all levels, helping them to control and maximise the value of their content while providing technical expertise and round-the-clock support.
London, Greater London GB