Lead Cloud Engineer
Location: Sofia, Sofia-Capital, Bulgaria
Requisition Number: 506
The Principal Cloud Engineer will be responsible for providing standard cloud, build infrastructure, and other vital architecture across the company. Reporting to the DevOps Director, they will be leading the Cloud Engineering team to produce useful, economical and best-of-breed solutions which can be picked up by development teams and DevOps engineers across the company. Such solutions will include amongst others: Kubernetes clusters, logging solutions, metrics aggregation solutions, baselines for new AWS accounts ( with networking, VPCs, IAM, groups etc.).
- Provide and maintain logging, monitoring and alerting solutions
- Design and own our AWS accounts and infrastructure inside
- Create and maintain a standard EKS/Kubernetes solution
- Ability to lead and execute on the Cloud Engineering vision
- Excellent understanding of AWS services and Docker orchestration, monitoring and build pipelines, etc.
- Excellent skills in designing and implementing best-of-breed solutions, both on-premise and in the cloud
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt
- Solid verbal and written communication skills (English), including the ability to communicate complex issues to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Proficiency in at least one high-level programming language
- Understanding of networking & configuration management
- Significant Kubernetes experience or experience with another docker orchestration tool
What we offer
- Exciting work in a unique industry: great opportunity for self-development in the sports industry
Training budget (€2000 or 10 working day or combination on theboth per year) & career development.
- Social benefits & health/medical insurance
- Excellent Salary and Christmas bonus
- Exciting new office with state of the art equipment
- Supportive, friendly, multinational, passionate team
- Career opportunity in an international company
- Constant training opportunities
- Good work - life balance
- Regular team building and social company events
- You are driven by delivering quality and well-tested solutions
- You enjoy mentoring other engineers on best practices
- You see yourself as helping provide a valuable service to your co-workers
- You take pride in ownership of the solutions you and your team produce
- You are driven to learn and explore new technology and skills
Genius Sports is a global leader in sports data technology, distribution and commercialization services. We provide innovative and data-driven solutions to sports leagues and federations.
Headquartered in London and across over 16 locations worldwide, Genius Sports is recognized as one of the fastest growing sports technology companies in the world. Founded on integrity, Genius Sports has become the trusted technology partner of hundreds of sporting bodies, including the world’s largest international federations and professional leagues such as FIBA and the English Premier League.
Taking a true partnership approach to working with sport, we distribute official data for organizations such as La Liga, the ATP and WTA. Genius Sports' commitment to sport goes beyond delivering profitable and technical solutions for our partners. We understand that the protection, integrity and successful commercialization of sports data is fundamental to the continued success of the industry. Its future requires those who run sports and those who utilize the data to work closely together, therefore ensuring sport is protected and opportunities are maximized.
Sofia, Sofia BG