Technical Services Manager
Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Requisition Number: 491
Who we are
Headquartered in London and with a presence in more than 15 locations worldwide, Genius Sports is recognised as one of the fastest growing sports technology companies in the world. We are a global leader in providing innovative and data-driven solutions to sports, media and regulated betting markets.
We’re always on the lookout for passionate, energetic and talented people to join our rapidly expanding team.
Life at Genius Sports is never dull. As a company at the cutting-edge of sports technology, we offer a stimulating, collaborative and fun working environment. We also recognise that career development for our talented employees is core to our success and support their careers with the best training and guidance possible.
The Technical Services Manager has overall responsibility for managing our global team of approximately 15 Technical Services Analysts, located in 6 offices across Europe and The Americas.
The role will involve a split of approximately 50% managerial and 50% technical work. With a strong focus on automation, the primary accountabilities are delivering the hardware and software that users require for their day to day jobs, as well as defining and delivering a project roadmap to continually improve those services.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- 5+ years in IT Support / Systems administration, including line management experience
- Detailed working understanding of Windows 10
- Strong scripting abilities
- Understanding of Active Directory GPOs
- Strong understanding of Azure, InTune, Powershell, Active Directory & O365. In addition, Genius Sports is a software development company so experience of supporting macOS and Linux machines is a bonus
- Experience of using Service Desk tools to track work, ideally Jira Service Desk
- Vendor Management – experience of managing and working with global hardware distributors, ISPs & managed print suppliers
- Comfortable working in a fast paced environment with demanding timescales set for projects, comfortable with a degree of change and uncertainty.
- Excellent stakeholder management and communication skills
- Responsible for the delivery of end user computing across the group
- Maintaining our cloud active directory
- Automate deployments to corporate laptops
- Responsible for implementing a process for continual patching of our user estate
- Working with Procurement, move to standardise and reduce the cost of our hardware acquisition
- Run a Service Desk function for the group, define and own processes for resolving & triaging Incidents and Requests for internal users
- Deployment/patching of anti-virus software and anti-malware across all desktops and laptops in accordance with the InfoSec policy
- Owns office telephony, conferencing and meeting room booking services
- Recruitment, objective setting, coaching and performance management of the team
- Implementing Mobile Device Management policies for company-provided devices and BYOD
- Define and run a Hardware Asset Management process together with the Finance team
- In conjunction with Genius Sports’ Security teams, drive improvement in our Operational Security across the board, working towards our Cyber Essentials + accreditation
- Develop a process for taking new end user software purchased by the group into support, create a Knowledgebase
- Implement dashboards and metrics to help understand ticket volumes and resource profiles, uncover underlying issues and continually improve the service offered to users
- This person will be a key member of the team driving improvements to our IAM capability
- Input into the Capex and Opex budgeting plans
Due to the Operational nature of the role, and the fact you will have staff working in other time zones, you may occasionally require travel and a flexible approach to of out-of-hours work
What we offer
Genius Sports has a wide range of benefits on offer to staff. These can benefit your professional development, your health, and wellbeing and your finances, including:
- A fun, relaxed and stimulating working environment in Central London
- Competitive basic salary
- 25 days Annual Leave Entitlement + Bank Holiday
- BUPA Private Medical Insurance + dependent family members
- Life Assurance
- Work Place Pension
- Season Ticket Loan
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Eye Care Scheme
Genius Sports is a global leader in digital sports content, technology and integrity services. Our technology is used in over 150 countries worldwide, empowering sports to capture, manage and distribute their live data and video, driving their digital transformation and enhancing their relationships with fans.
Headquartered in London, we are the trusted partner to over 500 sports organisations globally, including many of the world’s largest leagues and federations such as the NBA, Premier League, FIBA, NCAA and PGA TOUR.
Genius Sports is more than a technology provider. We build long-term partnerships with sports at all levels, helping them to control and maximise the value of their content while providing technical expertise and round-the-clock support.
London, Greater London GB