Location: Medellín, Antioquia, Colombia
Requisition Number: 105
As a DevOps Engineer, you will play a key role in supporting our development teams in developing and maintaining microservices. As part of our company, your primary responsibilities will include supporting and guiding developers in their journey to a cloud-based environment, making sure teams gain knowledge in cloud infrastructure, and assisting with monitoring and supporting products. This vacancy is a perfect match for a person who enjoys finding innovative solutions to technical challenges with opportunities to contribute broadly in a dynamic and collaborative team-based environment.
Duties and responsibilities
* Design and development of new solutions to aid the development process and delivery
* Producing high quality, maintainable, monitored and tested infrastructure and solutions
* Troubleshooting and resolution of problems
Required attributes, skills, and experience
* Linux system administration ( at least basic Windows administration is a bonus )
* Understanding of Docker and container, orchestration and registry functionality
* AWS cloud stack experience ( ec2, networking, load balancing, vpcs, s3, lambdas)
* Infrastructure language ( Such as Cloudformation )
* Understanding of monitoring and alerting systems
* CI and build automation
* Understanding of networking & networking protocols
* Sufficiently fluent in English that you can describe problems and solve them in collaboration with others
* Ability to (rarely) travel for a week or two at a time
* Desire to work in a collaborative environment within a team
* At least one programming language excluding bash and PowerShell
* Willingness to learn and explore new technologies
* Excellent understanding of distributed version control (git)
Desirable Attributes, Skills and Experience
* Ideally Gitlab-ci, but also jenkins
* nagios, check_mk, influxdb, opsgenie
* Configuration management ( Ansible, Chef, Puppet, AWS Systems Manager)
* Service discovery ( consul, etcd, zookeeper, others )
* Experience in developing software
* Logging and log analysis
* Serverless stack experience
Genius Sports is a global leader in sports data technology, distribution and commercialization services. We provide innovative and data-driven solutions to sports leagues and federations.
Headquartered in London and across over 16 locations worldwide, Genius Sports is recognized as one of the fastest growing sports technology companies in the world. Founded on integrity, Genius Sports has become the trusted technology partner of hundreds of sporting bodies, including the world’s largest international federations and professional leagues such as FIBA and the English Premier League.
Taking a true partnership approach to working with sport, we distribute official data for organizations such as La Liga, the ATP and WTA. Genius Sports' commitment to sport goes beyond delivering profitable and technical solutions for our partners. We understand that the protection, integrity and successful commercialization of sports data is fundamental to the continued success of the industry. Its future requires those who run sports and those who utilize the data to work closely together, therefore ensuring sport is protected and opportunities are maximized.
Medellin, Antioquia CO