Database Administrator (MS SQL)
Location: Sofia, Sofia-Capital, Bulgaria
Requisition Number: 639
Genius Sports are looking for experienced DBA to join our bright and innovative team located at our office in Sofia (Bulgaria). You will join a small and highly experienced team of technical engineers who help support our Database Servers infrastructure, to ensure their high performance, security and availability. You will enjoy working in an Agile (Scrum) environment and have a positive attitude to teamwork and collaboration. You will enjoy keeping up to date with emerging technologies and will be able to advise on the best solutions for specific project needs.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring availability and performance of our large Database Server estate that support Betgenius’ systems from development through to production.
- Managing MS SQL database day-to-day functioning.
- Provide support and assistance to product development teams in designing and operating their databases
- Performance tuning and optimisation of complex transactional SQL
- Assisting with cloud migration and cloud database management, including automation
- Maintaining retention, backup and verification policies and procedures
Required Skills / Attributes:
- Previous experience within a DBA role supporting MS SQL.
- Understanding of Clustering, High Availability, Disaster recovery and Database principles
- Installation, configuration and management of database systems on premise.
- Experience with database monitoring, debugging, performance tuning
- In-depth working knowledge and optimization of advanced transactional SQL, T-SQL, including stored procedures, triggers and user defined functions
- Good interpersonal and team skills
- Ability to work effectively and independently in a light agile team
- Pride in creating quality work
- Serious attention to detail with a solid understanding of documentation
- A professional and proactive attitude and a desire to see results
- Basic understanding of SAN/RAID storage architectures
- Previous experience with MY SQL, PostgreSQL, AWS Aurora
- Cloud experience (AWS RDS & EC2 experience preferable)
- Certified Database Administrator
- Experience in Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence
- Interest in SQL Server on Linux/Containerized SQL Server
- Working knowledge of AD
- Exciting work in a unique industry: great opportunity for self-development in the sports industry
- Training budget (€2000 or 10 working day or combination on the both per year) & career development
- Social benefits & health/medical insurance
- Excellent Salary and Christmas bonus
- Exciting new office with state of the art equipment
- Supportive, friendly, multinational, passionate team
- Career opportunity in an international company
- Constant training opportunities
- Good work - life balance
- Regular team building and social company events
Genius Sports is a global leader in digital sports content, technology and integrity services. Our technology is used in over 150 countries worldwide, empowering sports to capture, manage and distribute their live data and video, driving their digital transformation and enhancing their relationships with fans.
Headquartered in London, we are the trusted partner to over 500 sports organisations globally, including many of the world’s largest leagues and federations such as the NBA, Premier League, FIBA, NCAA and PGA TOUR.
Genius Sports is more than a technology provider. We build long-term partnerships with sports at all levels, helping them to control and maximise the value of their content while providing technical expertise and round-the-clock support.
Sofia, Sofia BG