Helpdesk Support Analyst - Part Time
Location: New York City, New York, United States
Requisition Number: 636
Technical Support Analyst
Genius Sports Media is an innovative and rapidly expanding subsidiary of Genius Sports, a global leader in sports data technology, distribution and commercialization services. In addition to pursuing a major product development initiative, Genius Sports Media will build on existing products and services to offer an innovative suite of products and services to both traditional and new target clients. We take pride in recruiting talented individuals, and look for intelligent, self-motivated, and hard-working individuals, who have a team spirited approach to their work.
Headquartered in London and with a presence in more than 15 locations worldwide, Genius Sports is recognized as one of the fastest growing sports technology companies in the world. We are a global leader in providing innovative and data-driven solutions to sports, media and regulated betting markets. We’re always on the lookout for passionate, energetic and talented people to join our rapidly expanding team. Life at Genius Sports is never dull. As a company at the cutting-edge of sports technology, we offer a stimulating, collaborative and fun working environment. We also recognize that career development for our talented employees is core to our success and support their careers with the best training and guidance possible.
As a Helpdesk Analyst, you will be part of a helpdesk operation for a new system with one of the top major professional sports leagues in the United States. This Secaucus, New Jersey based role will be responsible for providing support and training to remote system users. You will have a customer service mentality and enjoy operating in a fast-paced environment.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone with a passion for sports looking to progress their career in IT.
• Provide technical assistance and support for incoming queries and issues related to computer systems, software, and hardware
• Respond to queries via phone, email, or chat
• Resolve technical problems with Local Area Networks (LAN), Wide Area Networks (WAN), and other systems
• Help drive hardware/software operational set up at installation sites
• Assist system users remotely or a small number of cases on-site for events as directed
• Ensure all issues are logged, tracked and resolved using the applicable service desk application
• Adhere to help desk metrics ensuring that SLA’s are met
• Escalate issues as appropriate and work with the development team to address issues within the relevant SLA’s
• Assist in the creation of training material, help guides, installation guides and other product support material
• Other tasks as directed by line manager
• Good understanding of IT Networks
• Advanced hardware/software troubleshooting and multi-tasking skills
• Strong client-facing and communication skills (both written and verbal)
• An energetic, supportive and collaborative team player
• Able to work in shifts, with availability to work during evenings and weekends a must
• Basic System monitoring experience
• Experience using a ticket logging system
• Working knowledge of Office 365
• High level of time management skills, organizing capabilities
• Good analytical and problem-solving skills
• Comfortable with meeting the challenges of tight deadlines and prioritizing workload
• High comfort level working in a diverse environment
• Working knowledge of basketball rules
• Previous client service or helpdesk experience
• Experience providing user training sessions on various software applications
• Willing to travel nationally and internationally to support event operations
• A high school diploma with technical training
• 2 years of prior helpdesk experience
• BS degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or equivalent
• An exciting opportunity to be an integral part of a focused, agile team
• Exciting work in a unique industry: great opportunity for self-development in the sports industry
• A fun, relaxed and stimulating modern working environment in New Jersey
• Supportive, friendly, multinational, passionate team
• Career opportunity in an international company
Genius Sports is a global leader in sports data technology, distribution and commercialization services. We provide innovative and data-driven solutions to sports leagues and federations.
Headquartered in London and across over 16 locations worldwide, Genius Sports is recognized as one of the fastest growing sports technology companies in the world. Founded on integrity, Genius Sports has become the trusted technology partner of hundreds of sporting bodies, including the world’s largest international federations and professional leagues such as FIBA and the English Premier League.
Taking a true partnership approach to working with sport, we distribute official data for organizations such as La Liga, the ATP and WTA. Genius Sports' commitment to sport goes beyond delivering profitable and technical solutions for our partners. We understand that the protection, integrity and successful commercialization of sports data is fundamental to the continued success of the industry. Its future requires those who run sports and those who utilize the data to work closely together, therefore ensuring sport is protected and opportunities are maximized.
Secaucus, New Jersey US
Genius Sports is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of Genius Sports to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.