Location: Tallinn, Harjumaa, Estonia
Requisition Number: 584
As a DevOps Engineer, you will bridge the divide between Development and Operations, and help your team deliver better products faster. You will work closely with a group of coders to implement and maintain best practices in automation, continuous integration, monitoring, and a culture focused on frequent releases of working, useful software. You will become both a mentor to your team and a subject matter expert in your product.
Along with other DevOps Engineers in the Tallinn office, you will report to the DevOps Manager and have the support of a guild of DevOps masters across all of Genius Sports’ locations.
Report into the DevOps Manager you will be joining a company that uses Agile methodologies (Scrum and Kanban) in both the development and IT Operations teams. You will collaborate closely with both groups to meet release deadlines. You will play a key role in ensuring frequent releases as we continue to reduce our cycle time, de-risk future releases and provide quick ROI.
- Working as an embedded member of development and product teams to ensure high performance and reliability across all tiers of the stack.
- Helping to improve our infrastructure platform by automating the manual maintenance tasks and increasing efficiencies with our cloud platform.
- Guiding project teams through technology selection and architecture & security governance.
- Designing, enabling and optimizing CI/CD pipelines for dev teams.
- Defining new patterns and standards as required.
- Mentorship and knowledge transfer to others
- Promoting an open culture and DevOps
- A passion for automation, simplicity, consistency, security, availability, and scalability of systems
- A strong sense of ownership, drive and obsessive attention to detail
- A willingness to keep learning new tools and languages
- Reasonably good English skills – we’re a very international company
- Experience with Linux & command-line interfaces (cross-platform skills a bonus)
- Comfortable with cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, GCP, etc.)
- Code and scripting - proficiency in at least one programming language (Python, Go, Ruby)…
- …and at least one infrastructure language (Cloudformation, Terraform)
- An in-depth understanding of networking protocols such as HTTPS, DNS, TCP/IP
- Experience with Docker and containerization in general
- Proficiency in CI and Build automation – ideally GitLab
- Experience with application performance monitoring tools, centralized logging and alerting systems
BONUS SKILLS (not mandatory, but will definitely help!)
- Experience with Kubernetes, EKS, ECS
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Puppet, Chef, SaltStack or Ansible
- .NET, PHP application deployment experience
- Experience with a serverless stack (preferably AWS Lambda)
WORK & CAREER ENVIRONMENT
At Genius Sports, you will be working in a supportive, multinational and passionate team. We encourage you to learn and strive towards your professional growth with a generous training budget and dedicated creative/self-development time. We also provide sports/health benefits for all employees.
You will be working out of our spacious modern office in a central Tallinn location – with good access by car and by public transport, convenient for both city-dwellers and those who prefer the open countryside, and with a great variety of lunch spots within walking distance! You will also have lots of events and activities during which to get to know your colleagues, from regular out-of-office events to in-house Playstation tournaments and sports-tracking competitions.
For further information or details, feel free to contact our Talent Acquisition Specialist, Maris (email@example.com)
Genius Sports is a global leader in digital sports content, technology and integrity services. Our technology is used in over 150 countries worldwide, empowering sports to capture, manage and distribute their live data and video, driving their digital transformation and enhancing their relationships with fans.
Headquartered in London, we are the trusted partner to over 500 sports organisations globally, including many of the world’s largest leagues and federations such as the NBA, Premier League, FIBA, NCAA and PGA TOUR.
Genius Sports is more than a technology provider. We build long-term partnerships with sports at all levels, helping them to control and maximise the value of their content while providing technical expertise and round-the-clock support.
Tallinn, Harjumaa EE