Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Requisition Number: 484
Why join us?
Life at Genius Sports is never dull. Yes, we do sports data really well, however, it is our innovative technology that brings it all together. As a company at the forefront of sports & betting technology, we offer a stimulating, collaborative and diverse working environment!
As a DevOps Engineer you will be embedded within a cross-functional agile development team focusing on one of our key products. Our teams in London work on developing large and complex systems to provide real-time sport related data to a sizeable and demanding customer base - comprising Sporting Associations, Sports Betting and Media companies. As a DevOps Engineer you will be directly involved with the services you manage, from their inception to the release.
We are ideally looking for someone from a strong OO development background that has production experience with AWS, or is looking to specialise in cloud technologies. This role will also suit a strong DevOps Engineer with a solid understanding of development practices and principals.
This vacancy is a perfect match for a person who enjoys finding innovative solutions to technical challenges with opportunities to contribute broadly in a dynamic and collaborative team-based environment.
What we offer:
- Exciting work in a unique industry: great opportunity for self-development in the sports industry
- IT Training Scheme
- Opportunity to work on different projects
- A fun, relaxed and stimulating modern working environment
- Supportive, friendly, multinational, passionate team
- Career opportunity in an international company
- Constant training opportunities
- Social benefits & health/medical insurance
- Good work - life balance
- Regular team building and social company events
- Driven by delivering quality and well tested solutions
- You enjoy mentoring other Engineers on best practices
- You take pride in ownership of the solutions you and your team produce
- Driven to learn and explore new technology and skills
What will you be doing?
- Creating and maintaining a standard EKS/Kubernetes cluster to host team’s services
- Creating deployment pipelines for stress free releases
- Providing input and expertise in development team design sessions
- Providing and maintaining logging, monitoring and alerting solutions
- Designing and owning our AWS accounts and infrastructure inside
What knowledge is required?
- Proficiency in at least one high-level programming language (C#, Java, Node etc)
- Proficiency in at least one scripting language (Powershell, Bash etc)
- Solid understanding of core AWS services (EC2, ECS, VPC, IAM, API Gateway, Lambda)
- Kubernetes experience
- TICK stack (telegraph, influxdb, chronograf, kapacitor)
- Advanced deployment patterns (advantageous)
- SQL (advantageous)
- Excellent skills in designing well monitored and documented solutions, both on premise and in the cloud
- Understanding of modern monitoring and alerting solutions
- Knowledge of AGILE team workflow
- Ability to make code changes to integrate supporting tooling or prepare service for the cloud
- Solid verbal and written communication skills (English), including ability to communicate complex issues to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
Genius Sports is a global leader in digital sports content, technology and integrity services. Our technology is used in over 150 countries worldwide, empowering sports to capture, manage and distribute their live data and video, driving their digital transformation and enhancing their relationships with fans.
Headquartered in London, we are the trusted partner to over 500 sports organisations globally, including many of the world’s largest leagues and federations such as the NBA, Premier League, FIBA, NCAA and PGA TOUR.
Genius Sports is more than a technology provider. We build long-term partnerships with sports at all levels, helping them to control and maximise the value of their content while providing technical expertise and round-the-clock support.
London, Greater London GB