Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Requisition Number: 484
Why join us?
Life at Genius Sports is never dull. Yes, we do sports data really well, however, it is our innovative technology that brings it all together. As a company at the forefront of sports & betting technology, we offer a stimulating, collaborative and diverse working environment!
As a DevOps Engineer you will be embedded within a cross-functional agile development team focusing on one of our key products. Our teams in London work on developing large and complex systems to provide real-time sport related data to a sizeable and demanding customer base - comprising Sporting Associations, Sports Betting and Media companies. As a DevOps Engineer you will be directly involved with the services you manage, from their inception to the release.
We are ideally looking for someone from a strong OO development background that has production experience with AWS, or is looking to specialise in cloud technologies. This role will also suit a strong DevOps Engineer with a solid understanding of development practices and principals.
This vacancy is a perfect match for a person who enjoys finding innovative solutions to technical challenges with opportunities to contribute broadly in a dynamic and collaborative team-based environment.
What we offer:
- Exciting work in a unique industry: great opportunity for self-development in the sports industry
- IT Training Scheme
- Opportunity to work on different projects
- A fun, relaxed and stimulating modern working environment
- Supportive, friendly, multinational, passionate team
- Career opportunity in an international company
- Constant training opportunities
- Social benefits & health/medical insurance
- Good work - life balance
- Regular team building and social company events
- Driven by delivering quality and well tested solutions
- You enjoy mentoring other Engineers on best practices
- You take pride in ownership of the solutions you and your team produce
- Driven to learn and explore new technology and skills
What will you be doing?
- Creating and maintaining a standard EKS/Kubernetes cluster to host team’s services
- Creating deployment pipelines for stress free releases
- Providing input and expertise in development team design sessions
- Providing and maintaining logging, monitoring and alerting solutions
- Designing and owning our AWS accounts and infrastructure inside
What knowledge is required?
- Proficiency in at least one high-level programming language (C#, Java, Node etc)
- Proficiency in at least one scripting language (Powershell, Bash etc)
- Solid understanding of core AWS services (EC2, ECS, VPC, IAM, API Gateway, Lambda)
- Kubernetes experience
- TICK stack (telegraph, influxdb, chronograf, kapacitor)
- Advanced deployment patterns (advantageous)
- SQL (advantageous)
- Excellent skills in designing well monitored and documented solutions, both on premise and in the cloud
- Understanding of modern monitoring and alerting solutions
- Knowledge of AGILE team workflow
- Ability to make code changes to integrate supporting tooling or prepare service for the cloud
- Solid verbal and written communication skills (English), including ability to communicate complex issues to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
Genius Sports is a global leader in sports data technology, distribution and commercialization services. We provide innovative and data-driven solutions to sports leagues and federations.
Headquartered in London and across over 16 locations worldwide, Genius Sports is recognized as one of the fastest growing sports technology companies in the world. Founded on integrity, Genius Sports has become the trusted technology partner of hundreds of sporting bodies, including the world’s largest international federations and professional leagues such as FIBA and the English Premier League.
Taking a true partnership approach to working with sport, we distribute official data for organizations such as La Liga, the ATP and WTA. Genius Sports' commitment to sport goes beyond delivering profitable and technical solutions for our partners. We understand that the protection, integrity and successful commercialization of sports data is fundamental to the continued success of the industry. Its future requires those who run sports and those who utilize the data to work closely together, therefore ensuring sport is protected and opportunities are maximized.
London, Greater London GB