Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Requisition Number: 426
Why join us?
Life at Genius Sports is never dull. Yes, we do sports data really well, however, it is our innovative technology that brings it all together. As a company at the forefront of sports & betting technology, we offer a stimulating, collaborative and diverse working environment!
As an Infrastructure Engineer you will work hand-in-hand with the development, IT services and technical services team leads and stakeholders to deliver secure, scalable, robust infrastructure.
What we offer:
- Exciting work in a unique industry: great opportunity for self-development in the sports industry
- IT Training Scheme & constant training opportunities
- Opportunity to work on different projects
- A fun, relaxed and stimulating modern working environment
- Supportive, friendly, multinational, passionate team
- Career opportunity in an international company
- Social benefits & health/medical insurance
- Good work - life balance
- Regular team building and social company events
What you will do:
- The deployment, maintenance and evolution of a highly available, robust and scalable infrastructure platform to support market leading products to high value customers with high expectations.
- Close collaboration with our development, infrastructure and technical services teams to deliver new features and products.
- Ownership of all physical infrastructure, compute capacity, SAN and NAS storage, and IP transit and ensuring adherence to agreed SLAs.
- Infrastructure services include physical, virtual compute capacity, storage networks, fibre channel networking, multicast traffic distribution, physical data center and IP transit management.
- Specification of SLAs for all services offered by IT Infrastructure. Evolution of agreed SLAs in accordance with progressing business requirements.
- Involvement with capacity planning to 6, 12 and 18 month estimates.
What do you need to know:
- Demonstrable knowledge of core technologies: TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, NTP, HTTP, SNMP, and TLS/SSL.
- Experience of VMware ESXi and other virtualisation technologies.
- Experience with storage technologies such as Fibre Channel and iSCSI based SANs.
- Experience with networking concepts such as routing, switching and load balancing.
- Experience of cloud hosting with Azure, AWS or another cloud provider.
- The ability to troubleshoot Clustering, MS Application, Third party Application, Active Directory, Hardware and other esoteric issues.
- Experience in the administration of virtualized environments, NAS/SANs and network topologies both private and in the cloud.
- Knowledge of site to site and road warrior VPN technologies such as IPSec
- Advanced knowledge of building fault-tolerant systems. Software and Hardware Clustering and Load balancing systems.
- Experience with Powershell or Bash Scripting
- Participation in a flexible Triage on call rota.
- Principal escalation contact for the on call rota.
- Acceptance of emergency on call for specialist areas.
Genius Sports is a global leader in sports data technology, distribution and commercialization services. We provide innovative and data-driven solutions to sports leagues and federations.
Headquartered in London and across over 16 locations worldwide, Genius Sports is recognized as one of the fastest growing sports technology companies in the world. Founded on integrity, Genius Sports has become the trusted technology partner of hundreds of sporting bodies, including the world’s largest international federations and professional leagues such as FIBA and the English Premier League.
Taking a true partnership approach to working with sport, we distribute official data for organizations such as La Liga, the ATP and WTA. Genius Sports' commitment to sport goes beyond delivering profitable and technical solutions for our partners. We understand that the protection, integrity and successful commercialization of sports data is fundamental to the continued success of the industry. Its future requires those who run sports and those who utilize the data to work closely together, therefore ensuring sport is protected and opportunities are maximized.
London, Greater London GB