Location: Santa Monica, California, United States
Requisition Number: 276
Genius sports provides real-time sport related data to a large and demanding customer base comprising Sporting Associations, Sports Betting and Media companies. As a Senior DevOps Engineer you will play a key role in supporting our development teams in developing and maintaining microservices. As part of our company, your primary responsibilities will include supporting and guiding developers in their journey to a cloud based environment, making sure teams gain knowledge in cloud infrastructure, and assisting with monitoring and supporting products. You will be required to analyse internal and external requirements and design suitable solutions, mentoring other DevOps engineers and developers in the process. This vacancy is a perfect match for a person who enjoys finding innovative solutions to technical challenges with opportunities to contribute broadly in a dynamic and collaborative team-based environment.
Duties and responsibilities
- Design and development of new solutions to aid development process and delivery
- Producing high quality, maintainable, monitored and tested infrastructure and solutions
- Troubleshooting and resolution of problems
- Analysis of requirements from internal and external customers
- Mentoring of other DevOps engineers and developers
Required attributes, skills and experience
- Linux system administration (at least basic Windows administration is a bonus)
- Ability to design scalable and well tested solutions
- Excellent understanding of Docker containers, orchestration and registries
- AWS cloud stack experience (ec2, networking, load balancing, vpcs, s3, lambdas)
- Infrastructure language ( such as Cloudformation )
- Excellent understanding of monitoring and alerting systems
- CI and build automation
- Understanding of networking & networking protocols
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Ability to travel for a week or two at a time
- Desire to work in a collaborative environment within a team
- At least one programming language excluding bash and powershell
- Willingness to learn and explore new technologies
- Excellent understanding of distributed version control (git)
- Logging and log analysis
- Ability to mentor and teach more junior members
Desirable Attributes, Skills and Experience
- Ideally gitlab-ci, but also jenkins
- nagios, check_mk, influxdb, opsgenie
- Configuration management ( Ansible, Chef, Puppet, AWS Systems Manager)
- Service discovery ( consul, etcd, zookeeper, others )
- Experience in developing software
- Serverless stack experience
Genius Sports is a global leader in sports data technology, distribution and commercialization services. We provide innovative and data-driven solutions to sports leagues and federations.
Headquartered in London and across over 16 locations worldwide, Genius Sports is recognized as one of the fastest growing sports technology companies in the world. Founded on integrity, Genius Sports has become the trusted technology partner of hundreds of sporting bodies, including the world’s largest international federations and professional leagues such as FIBA and the English Premier League.
Taking a true partnership approach to working with sport, we distribute official data for organizations such as La Liga, the ATP and WTA. Genius Sports' commitment to sport goes beyond delivering profitable and technical solutions for our partners. We understand that the protection, integrity and successful commercialization of sports data is fundamental to the continued success of the industry. Its future requires those who run sports and those who utilize the data to work closely together, therefore ensuring sport is protected and opportunities are maximized.
Los Angeles, California US
Genius Sports is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of Genius Sports to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.