Business Development Manager - West Africa
Location: Western Cape, South Africa
Requisition Number: 261
The successful candidate will have a proven track record of consistently achieving challenging sales targets. They will need to demonstrate an ability to discover and understand client requirements and match Betgenius’ products and services to those requirements. The successful candidate will be a driven individual who can demonstrate a desire to over achieve. They must have the ability to open doors with new prospects and upsell to existing ones. They need to be an independent self-starter who can find and deliver business from betting organizations around the world without the need to be tightly managed. They will be required to immerse themselves within the sports betting industry and to understand all technological and regulatory developments. They need to have the ability to understand our software / trading products at a high level although there is no requirement to have a technical background.
They need to demonstrate an ability to think creatively with regard to commercial arrangements and have excellent numerical, written and presentation skills.
- Schedule meetings with 8-10 known Medium-to-Large operators in Nigeria, C- Level or equivalent (i.e. Head of Trading).
- Compile full market research report on other West African territories of interest, number and names of operators etc.
- Provide fortnightly progress reports on conversations, new entrants to market and updates on key players in the market.
- Assistance in maintain existing relationships with current customers in region.
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills as well as high quality attention to detail
- 1-2 years’ experience within iGaming industry.
- Proven ability to problem solve, and drive issues through to a timely resolution
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Ability to communicate at all levels – in particular to present at board level
- Based in Lagos, Nigeria and have a willingness to travel internationally (sometimes at short notice)
Genius Sports is a global leader in digital sports content, technology and integrity services. Our technology is used in over 150 countries worldwide, empowering sports to capture, manage and distribute their live data and video, driving their digital transformation and enhancing their relationships with fans.
Headquartered in London, we are the trusted partner to over 500 sports organisations globally, including many of the world’s largest leagues and federations such as the NBA, Premier League, FIBA, NCAA and PGA TOUR.
Genius Sports is more than a technology provider. We build long-term partnerships with sports at all levels, helping them to control and maximise the value of their content while providing technical expertise and round-the-clock support.
capetown, Western Cape ZA