Business Development Manager - West Africa
Location: Western Cape, South Africa
Requisition Number: 261
The successful candidate will have a proven track record of consistently achieving challenging sales targets. They will need to demonstrate an ability to discover and understand client requirements and match Betgenius’ products and services to those requirements. The successful candidate will be a driven individual who can demonstrate a desire to over achieve. They must have the ability to open doors with new prospects and upsell to existing ones. They need to be an independent self-starter who can find and deliver business from betting organizations around the world without the need to be tightly managed. They will be required to immerse themselves within the sports betting industry and to understand all technological and regulatory developments. They need to have the ability to understand our software / trading products at a high level although there is no requirement to have a technical background.
They need to demonstrate an ability to think creatively with regard to commercial arrangements and have excellent numerical, written and presentation skills.
- Schedule meetings with 8-10 known Medium-to-Large operators in Nigeria, C- Level or equivalent (i.e. Head of Trading).
- Compile full market research report on other West African territories of interest, number and names of operators etc.
- Provide fortnightly progress reports on conversations, new entrants to market and updates on key players in the market.
- Assistance in maintain existing relationships with current customers in region.
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills as well as high quality attention to detail
- 1-2 years’ experience within iGaming industry.
- Proven ability to problem solve, and drive issues through to a timely resolution
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Ability to communicate at all levels – in particular to present at board level
- Based in Lagos, Nigeria and have a willingness to travel internationally (sometimes at short notice)
Genius Sports is a global leader in sports data technology, distribution and commercialization services. We provide innovative and data-driven solutions to sports leagues and federations.
Headquartered in London and across over 16 locations worldwide, Genius Sports is recognized as one of the fastest growing sports technology companies in the world. Founded on integrity, Genius Sports has become the trusted technology partner of hundreds of sporting bodies, including the world’s largest international federations and professional leagues such as FIBA and the English Premier League.
Taking a true partnership approach to working with sport, we distribute official data for organizations such as La Liga, the ATP and WTA. Genius Sports' commitment to sport goes beyond delivering profitable and technical solutions for our partners. We understand that the protection, integrity and successful commercialization of sports data is fundamental to the continued success of the industry. Its future requires those who run sports and those who utilize the data to work closely together, therefore ensuring sport is protected and opportunities are maximized.
capetown, Western Cape ZA