Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Requisition Number: 187
Why join us?
Life at Genius Sports is never dull. Yes, we do sports data really well, however, it is our innovative technology that brings it all together. As a company at the forefront of sports & betting technology, we offer a stimulating, collaborative and diverse working environment!
We work in small, agile teams, collaborating on complex ideas, sharing our knowledge and supporting each other to create the best versions of what we do. We use the latest technologies to develop microservices as part of large and complex systems to provide real-time sport related data to an extensive customer base.
As a .NET Developer, your primary focus will be the development of back-end components using C# (.NET Core/.NET Standard), working as part of a team with full-stack responsibilities. You will be involved in the full software life-cycle and have exposure to a broad set of technologies, including Web and Cloud.
What we offer:
- Exciting work in a unique industry: great opportunity for self-development in the sports industry
- IT Training Scheme & constant training opportunities
- Opportunity to work on different projects
- A fun, relaxed and stimulating modern working environment
- Supportive, friendly, multinational, passionate team
- Career opportunity in an international company
- Social benefits & health/medical insurance
- Good work - life balance
- Regular team building and social company events
What does the role entail?
- Analysis of requirements from internal and external customers
- Design and development of new software products and components
- Producing high quality, tested and maintainable code, using the best technologies for the problem at hand
- Investigation and resolution of issues reported by internal and external customers
What skills do we look for?
- Good knowledge of C# and .NET
- Familiarity with Agile development techniques including Unit Testing (TDD)
- Enthusiasm and ability to work collaboratively within a team
- Excellent spoken and written English
What else do we look for?
- Design and Development of Complex Distributed Real-Time Systems
- Service Oriented Architecture
- Concurrent Processing and Multi-Threading
- High Availability
- Domain Driven Design
- Event Sourcing
- Inversion of Control and Dependency Injection
- Messaging and communication technologies (RabbitMQ, HTTP, TCP, REST, Web API, SignalR
- TDD/BDD and supporting technologies (NUnit, Mocking Frameworks, SpecFlow, Selenium
- Database and Caching technologies (SQL Server, MySQL, Redis, NoSQL)
- AWS (EC2, S3, Lambda, Aurora, CloudFormation, Cognito)
- Continuous Integration & Continuous Delivery
- GitLab CI
- Logging and Monitoring (log4net, Graylog, Graphite/Grafana, OpsGenie, Tickstack)
- Experience working in a collaborative team (Agile, Scrum, Kanban)
- Other technologies and tool: Powershell, Jira
- Mathematical Aptitude
Genius Sports is a global leader in digital sports content, technology and integrity services. Our technology is used in over 150 countries worldwide, empowering sports to capture, manage and distribute their live data and video, driving their digital transformation and enhancing their relationships with fans.
Headquartered in London, we are the trusted partner to over 500 sports organisations globally, including many of the world’s largest leagues and federations such as the NBA, Premier League, FIBA, NCAA and PGA TOUR.
Genius Sports is more than a technology provider. We build long-term partnerships with sports at all levels, helping them to control and maximise the value of their content while providing technical expertise and round-the-clock support.
London, Greater London GB