Commercial Director - Americas
Mulitple Locations: New York City, New York, United States; Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
Requisition Number: 159
Reporting to the Group Chief Commercial Officer (CCO), the Commercial Director, Americas, will lead the US market focused commercial team. This role is accountable for the division’s commercial activity, sales strategy and partnerships. To be successful in this role, you will have an outstanding commercial and business acumen with a significant background in the global sports betting industry. A proven background in leading and influencing a range of people is essential, as is the ability to engage with a diverse range of key stakeholders, both internal and external. The ideal candidate comes with a broad network of C-Level commercial connections and a proven track record of securing and managing commercial deals.
* Support the CCO in the development and execution of the US commercial strategy
* Commercial ownership of all US deals
* Ownership of revenue line of all US deals
* Drive an annual sales pipeline and effectively monitor revenue streams for the US market
* Network throughout the sporting community to develop the existing contact base and maintain key partnerships
* Work with the Genius Sports Services (GSS) division to ensure that service/product delivery is timely, effective and efficient
* Identify additional profit enhancing opportunities within the industry and emerging markets
* Generate leads that fit the ideal client profile in conjunction with the sales plan and wider business strategy
* Lead, develop and coach supporting BDM’s through objective setting and KPIs
* Experience of running a commercial team
* Knowledge of the sports betting industry
* Commercial awareness partnered with a strategic mind-set
* Excellent organizational and leadership skill
* Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
Genius Sports is a global leader in sports data technology, distribution and commercialization services. We provide innovative and data-driven solutions to sports leagues and federations.
Headquartered in London and across over 16 locations worldwide, Genius Sports is recognized as one of the fastest growing sports technology companies in the world. Founded on integrity, Genius Sports has become the trusted technology partner of hundreds of sporting bodies, including the world’s largest international federations and professional leagues such as FIBA and the English Premier League.
Taking a true partnership approach to working with sport, we distribute official data for organizations such as La Liga, the ATP and WTA. Genius Sports' commitment to sport goes beyond delivering profitable and technical solutions for our partners. We understand that the protection, integrity and successful commercialization of sports data is fundamental to the continued success of the industry. Its future requires those who run sports and those who utilize the data to work closely together, therefore ensuring sport is protected and opportunities are maximized.
Los Angeles, California US
Genius Sports is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of Genius Sports to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.