Business Development Manager - Publisher Sales
Location: New York City, New York, United States
Requisition Number: 149
The Genius Sports Media (GSM) commercial division is tasked with promoting and selling our technology and services to sports leagues, media companies, technology companies, and sportsbook operators. GSM is making an aggressive push to deliver high-value media solutions and technologies to publishers. The Business Development Manager of Publisher Sales for GSM will focus on helping to build and scale this new business. This includes selling sports data, data visualizations, ad monetization, and other solutions to media companies, tech companies, and other customers.
Candidates should have a comprehensive understanding of generating new business within the sports ecosystem, and experience working directly with GSM’s key customer segments, including sports broadcasters, digital media, professional and collegiate conferences/teams, search/content portals, technology platforms, MVPDs/MSOs and brands/agencies. This is an entrepreneurial, newly created position with room for expansion.
- Build and manage a revenue pipeline of new customer accounts to meet or exceed sales goals.
- Serve as the initial point of contact externally to uncover and clarify prospect needs, align business objectives with the GSM portfolio of offerings, propose and refine a solution, and develop the business case.
- Work with internal GSM teams to develop the commercial approach and negotiate contracts and terms.
- Work with GSM product team to provide customer input on required product features.
- Participate in RFP process to help win new customer business.
- Document and transfer knowledge regarding the account to internal GSM team members involved in the new customer onboarding process.
- Manage the relationship with the prospect throughout the process to ultimately close a deal.
- Proactively maintain broad-based domain knowledge of the key customer segments and emerging markets.
Skills & Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- At least 5 years of experience in a business development "hunter" role.
- Experience selling B2B solutions into leading enterprise companies, strategic accounts and emerging market players in media and technology.
- Knowledge of sports and technology. Deep understanding of the collegiate and/or professional sports ecosystem preferred.
- Hands-on experience developing and executing strategies to prospect, cold call, win business, and sell ideas to new accounts.
- Experience selling sports data feeds and/or visualizations to media and tech companies preferred
- Knowledge of ad tech and online advertising a plus
- Able to think analytically, navigate complex and lengthy sales cycles, and create own pipeline & roadmap to convert prospects to customers.
- Strong organizational, issue resolution, and decision-making skills are required.
- Superior oral and written communication skills are required, including: the ability to create and deliver compelling, customized sales presentations that address the core business issues and opportunities faced by the prospect; the ability to engage with all levels of the customer's organization and GSM’s cross-functional teams.
- Willing to travel up to 40% for customer meetings, trade shows, and other business purposes.
- Self-motivation and professional discipline with excellent follow-through.
- Proven track record of achieving aggressive sales growth targets.
Genius Sports is a global leader in sports data technology, distribution and commercialization services. We provide innovative and data-driven solutions to sports leagues and federations.
Headquartered in London and across over 16 locations worldwide, Genius Sports is recognized as one of the fastest growing sports technology companies in the world. Founded on integrity, Genius Sports has become the trusted technology partner of hundreds of sporting bodies, including the world’s largest international federations and professional leagues such as FIBA and the English Premier League.
Taking a true partnership approach to working with sport, we distribute official data for organizations such as La Liga, the ATP and WTA. Genius Sports' commitment to sport goes beyond delivering profitable and technical solutions for our partners. We understand that the protection, integrity and successful commercialization of sports data is fundamental to the continued success of the industry. Its future requires those who run sports and those who utilize the data to work closely together, therefore ensuring sport is protected and opportunities are maximized.
Los Angeles, California US
Genius Sports is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of Genius Sports to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.