Account Manager - Publisher Sales
Location: Santa Monica, California, United States
Requisition Number: 148
Position Title: Account Manager
The Genius Sports Media (GSM) commercial division is tasked with promoting and selling our technology and services to sports leagues, media companies, technology companies, and sportsbook operators. GSM is making an aggressive push to deliver high-value media solutions and technologies to publishers. The Account Manager of Publisher Sales for GSM will play an integral role, serving as the day-to-day point person supporting the customers who drive revenue for the business.
This position requires previous experience managing B2B clients, superior communication skills, and a forward-thinking and strategic mentality. Candidates should have a solid understanding of customer service and relationship building. This is an entrepreneurial, newly created position with room for expansion.
- Manage day-to-day contact with GSM’s publisher accounts.
- Support GSM’s publisher sales teams who own these enterprise accounts.
- Support the customer integration of a broad range of GSM products.
- Monitor and communicate opportunities to the GSM publisher sales team to grow relationships with customers.
- Develop presentations for the GSM publisher sales team to deliver to customers.
- Track and drive continual improvement of customer success metrics to provide insights and value to both customers as well as internal teams.
- Lead and manage the resolution of customer issues
- Develop and present periodic account review presentations to customers
- Monitor customer feedback and work with GSM technical and support teams to provide customer support solutions.
- Work with GSM product team to provide customer input on required product features.
- Participate in RFP process to help win new customer business.
Skills & Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 3+ years of direct experience in account management, sales or customer support.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with the key tools for presentation building and customer information management (PowerPoint and Excel, Keynote, various CRMs and other tools for building presentations and managing accounts).
- Highly organized with the ability to multitask and work in a busy environment.
- Technical knowledge of sports data integrations and/or sports visualizations preferred
- Technical knowledge of ad tech and/or ad operations a plus
- Data-driven, analytical approach to finding and addressing issues
- Strong interpersonal and judgement skills to work with a broad range of individuals.
- Knowledge of sports and technology.
- Some travel to key clients will be required.
City: Santa Monica
Community / Marketing Title: Account Manager - Publisher Sales
Genius Sports is a global leader in sports data technology, distribution and commercialization services. We provide innovative and data-driven solutions to sports leagues and federations.
Headquartered in London and across over 16 locations worldwide, Genius Sports is recognized as one of the fastest growing sports technology companies in the world. Founded on integrity, Genius Sports has become the trusted technology partner of hundreds of sporting bodies, including the world’s largest international federations and professional leagues such as FIBA and the English Premier League.
Taking a true partnership approach to working with sport, we distribute official data for organizations such as La Liga, the ATP and WTA. Genius Sports' commitment to sport goes beyond delivering profitable and technical solutions for our partners. We understand that the protection, integrity and successful commercialization of sports data is fundamental to the continued success of the industry. Its future requires those who run sports and those who utilize the data to work closely together, therefore ensuring sport is protected and opportunities are maximized.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Santa Monica, California US
CountryEEOText_Description: Genius Sports is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of Genius Sports to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.