Design Traffic/Project Manager
Location: Medellín, Antioquia, Colombia
Requisition Number: 114
Position Title: Traffic Manager
Design Traffic Manager
Genius Sports is looking for a highly skilled Design Traffic Manager to join our UX Prototyping team in Medellin, Colombia.
London-based and founded in 2000, Genius Sports is a global leader in the collection, operationalization, and distribution of sports data to the media, betting, and sports management verticals. Our solutions cover a wide range of uses; from a reporter in Colombia live-updating the action of a football game, to a trader in Estonia setting the odds on a volleyball match, to a gambler at a pub in London betting on their favorite team, to a child in China learning about the top eSports players’ latest stats.
The Genius Sports UX team supports global design production out of our Medellin office. We aim to service our global organization with design and creative services that align with our brand and values.
Our team beliefs
We believe story is the most important communication tool we have. Through story we will learn from the past, envision the future, and bring everyone along for the ride. Story is the vehicle for strategy.
We believe truth is the north star – both destination and guide. Real data collected through intelligent means provide us answers (and new questions). Opinions, while interesting, lack the same value. Truth is the objective of research.
We believe craft differentiates ideation and execution. We celebrate the acts of creation and refinement as deliberate and definite skills that take discipline to learn and lifetimes to master. Craft is the mechanism for design.
Our team values
We are passionate; story, truth, and craft aren’t our day jobs – they’re our reasons for being.
We are curious; we pull loose threads, turn over stones, and wake sleeping dogs.
We are brilliant; our knowledge, our wisdom, our talent… they shine a light.
We are empathetic; we see each other for the beautiful, complex humans we all are.
We are playful; it’s only work if you’re not laughing.
We are generous; we fully offer our authentic selves to one another.
About this role:
As a Design Traffic Manager, you must be self-motivated and confident, able to manage a range of work through the Design Production Team.
The Design Traffic Manager will work and communicate efficiently and effectively with internal teams including design, sales, development and marketing teams to fulfill creative asset deliverables on time and to brief.
The Design Traffic Manager will generate and manage project plans and schedules for all incoming and existing projects in the design pipeline as well as traffic jobs between individual resources and departments serving as the liaison between the design team and all other teams in the organization.
The Design Traffic Manager will assist the Head of Design and Lead Prototyper with the management, prioritization and allocation of design resources and have ready and available knowledge of the project calendar.
The Design Traffic Manager will be responsible for updating and managing our project management tools (Wrike & Jira) for all projects and campaigns.
* Scheduling and resourcing all design studio requests through to delivery.
* Working with Producers to ensure work is produced to top quality, on budget and on time.
* Managing resource conflicts and finding workable solutions to resource issues.
* Making sure all projects are resourced accurately, making maximum use of the resource available.
* Analysis of requirements from internal and external clients.
* Receipt of assets and brand guides from external clients.
* Working closely with Project Managers to align on longer-term resource requirements for larger projects.
* Ensuring our monthly forecast matches up with scheduled projects and flagging where resource issues might impact us.
* Management of the Design Team backlog across all work-streams.
* Work with Head of Design and senior design leadership to ensure accurate creative and quality sign-off procedures.
* Project Management of quick turnaround projects.
Skills & Requirements
* Experience in creative, editorial or technical project management.
* Experience in the software development lifecycle
* Experience working in an agile/scrum development environment
* Proven track record of organizational and collaborative skills in a multi-team environment.
* Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively.
* Ability to communicate effectively with global teams.
* Highly organized with strong attention to detail.
* Resilience and tenacity to overcome obstacles and maintain progress in high-output/short turnaround time environment.
* Exceptional time management and project management skills with the ability to multitask and prioritize as needed.
* Hands on experience with common office software tools such as Word, Excel and Outlook.
* Ability to support 10% international travel.
Community / Marketing Title: Design Traffic/Project Manager
Genius Sports is a global leader in sports data technology, distribution and commercialization services. We provide innovative and data-driven solutions to sports leagues and federations.
Headquartered in London and across over 16 locations worldwide, Genius Sports is recognized as one of the fastest growing sports technology companies in the world. Founded on integrity, Genius Sports has become the trusted technology partner of hundreds of sporting bodies, including the world’s largest international federations and professional leagues such as FIBA and the English Premier League.
Taking a true partnership approach to working with sport, we distribute official data for organizations such as La Liga, the ATP and WTA. Genius Sports' commitment to sport goes beyond delivering profitable and technical solutions for our partners. We understand that the protection, integrity and successful commercialization of sports data is fundamental to the continued success of the industry. Its future requires those who run sports and those who utilize the data to work closely together, therefore ensuring sport is protected and opportunities are maximized.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Medellin, Antioquia CO