Location: Medellín, Antioquia, Colombia
Requisition Number: 105
As a DevOps Engineer, you will play a key role in supporting our development teams in developing and maintaining microservices. As part of our company, your primary responsibilities will include supporting and guiding developers in their journey to a cloud-based environment, making sure teams gain knowledge in cloud infrastructure, and assisting with monitoring and supporting products. This vacancy is a perfect match for a person who enjoys finding innovative solutions to technical challenges with opportunities to contribute broadly in a dynamic and collaborative team-based environment.
Duties and responsibilities
* Design and development of new solutions to aid the development process and delivery
* Producing high quality, maintainable, monitored and tested infrastructure and solutions
* Troubleshooting and resolution of problems
Required attributes, skills, and experience
* Linux system administration ( at least basic Windows administration is a bonus )
* Understanding of Docker and container, orchestration and registry functionality
* AWS cloud stack experience ( ec2, networking, load balancing, vpcs, s3, lambdas)
* Infrastructure language ( Such as Cloudformation )
* Understanding of monitoring and alerting systems
* CI and build automation
* Understanding of networking & networking protocols
* Sufficiently fluent in English that you can describe problems and solve them in collaboration with others
* Ability to (rarely) travel for a week or two at a time
* Desire to work in a collaborative environment within a team
* At least one programming language excluding bash and PowerShell
* Willingness to learn and explore new technologies
* Excellent understanding of distributed version control (git)
Desirable Attributes, Skills and Experience
* Ideally Gitlab-ci, but also jenkins
* nagios, check_mk, influxdb, opsgenie
* Configuration management ( Ansible, Chef, Puppet, AWS Systems Manager)
* Service discovery ( consul, etcd, zookeeper, others )
* Experience in developing software
* Logging and log analysis
* Serverless stack experience
Genius Sports is a global leader in digital sports content, technology and integrity services. Our technology is used in over 150 countries worldwide, empowering sports to capture, manage and distribute their live data and video, driving their digital transformation and enhancing their relationships with fans.
Headquartered in London, we are the trusted partner to over 500 sports organisations globally, including many of the world’s largest leagues and federations such as the NBA, Premier League, FIBA, NCAA and PGA TOUR.
Genius Sports is more than a technology provider. We build long-term partnerships with sports at all levels, helping them to control and maximise the value of their content while providing technical expertise and round-the-clock support.
Medellin, Antioquia CO